Monday, January 01, 2007




Merry Christmas...Happy New Year!
I am quite thankful that we made it through the holidays. This was our first holiday season in the military (and chaplaincy) and boy was it ever BUSY...and a bit stressful.
During Christmas time, there are many holiday parties for the various squadrons on the base as well as one large wing party. Since DH is attached to so many different squadrons (as their chaplain) that meant we had ALOT of parties to attend...now normally, I would jump at the chance to get all dressed up and go out w/my husband (who looks great in his mess dress I might add) but, not only did we have to pay to attend these parties (even though they request us to be there for all of the formalities) but then we had to bring gifts...and pay for a sitter. That made me feel a little BAH HUMBUG....but, we did have lots of fun and it was nice to get all decked out and feel well....... attractive again!
We had a WONDERFUL Christmas. My mother flew in and was here for a whole week (even babysat the boys so we could attend another party) Of course, Nana spoiled the boys with LOTS of WONDERFUL gifts.
Dh was in charge of the Christmas eve service for the base and it turned out well. It was a nice way to end our evening and to reflect on what Christmas really means to our family!
I received the most beautiful gift from my husband for Christmas. A beautiful table top mahogany yarn swift. I will post it as soon as I can get a good picture of it!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two look wonderful all dressed up! Seems like the holidays went well for you and your family :)

And "YAY!!" for yarn gifts!!!

~ Sockret Pal

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to attend a slew of parties...well, maybe, LOL, especially if I had to pay!! You all look great--it looked like a fun holiday!

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! You look good girl!! Love that dress! Anyone daring to say knitters are all grannies, I defy them with your hotness!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

Ditto. That dress looks beautiful on you.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're looking very glam!

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home