Thursday, October 05, 2006

Not too long ago, I had stated that I would NOT buy any more yarn until I had completed a few projects and I have shown much restraint.......remember the trip with my sister (when she bought EVERY single ball of Debbie Bliss that she could find.......) I only bought 2 things 1 skein of yarn for my completed alpaca scarf and a new set of dpns. Well, I knew this all could change once I joined the swap(s) but, I told myself I could do it...I would simply buy the yarn needed for the swap and that's it.......well, you all know how it goes. It all started w/ that darn Lornas Laces sock yarn.....I couldn't resist......then, it was the cherry tree hill supersock yarn.. and that my friends, is when I broke.....seriously,...my name is Janet and I am a fiber addict!
Enough of the confessional lest I slip about the knitpicks order..........
On Sunday evening (while watching 2 episodes of 24) I cast on for the other black purl sock ( this is my Socktoberfest sock) and have just about completed the sock.
In other news, the hot socks swap has begun and they gave us the option of not keeping the swap secret. My pal e-mailed me and asked if I wanted her to remain anonymous or not....well given the option I decided to find out and so now I know........and now I regret it a little bit. I am the absolute worst when it comes to these things.....the anticipation and excitement KILLS me. The other swaps are secret and those I can keep (another thing about me is that I REALLY like to follow the rules.... drives my pastor husband crazy). I will post more pictures of the completed sock soon.....oh, and maybe some pics of the new yarn.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot...the sock is looking fab. You're so much further along than I am on Socktoberfest!! :-)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ninabeena said...

You will have to post up all this new stash enhancement. I wanna see what you got! Sadly, I haven't done much more stash shopping since then. I probably won't be until the new year. I've actually busted a lot of my stash thru charity and giving away.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sock looks great! I love the colors.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home