Friday, October 13, 2006

I am so LATE posting these but here are my answers to the Soctoberfest Questions

When did you start making socks? I actually started my first pair of socks during sockapaloooza in January of this year.

Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class? I taught myself along w/ the help of many books.......
What was your first pair? My first pair were for my sockpal and I used Ann Norlings wide whale rib pattern.


How have they "held up" over time? I don't know........

What would you have done differently? I LOVED the socks and will make a pair for myself w/ the same pattern and yarn.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed? I have been using Lornas Laces sock yarn and I LOVE IT!!!

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? DPNS all the way!!!!

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?) BOTH

How many pairs have you made? 2 pair (almost) and 1 toddler sock

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I also made my first sock this year! it was crocheted and not knitted.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was the recipient of Black Purl's 1st socks, and she did a brilliant job - they are standing up to lots of wear (now that it's the right season for me).
I love the colours of your new sock wool - enjoy knitting them! You have loads more choice of sock wool than I do, you lucky thing. SH

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will be a better one firewall I can download and use for free, that will come with my windows xp and won't slow it down? :(

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home