Monday, January 22, 2007

I thought that maybe I should post SOMETHING on my blog but really, I had nothing (nothing knitting related anyhow) but, I have been working on my Socret pal's socks. I decided to go with IK Embossed leaves pattern. I think I like the way it is turning out. I am not to sure that I like the twisted spiral rib. The lace pattern is pretty easy to memorize. I have been knitting and thinking why haven't I done more lace. I have been admiring the Rona shawl that so many people have been knitting lately.
WARNING: Below is a longish *rant*..............
I am desperately trying to set up some boundaries w/ this whole Chaplains wife thing........So much of my day is used up be other people..while I don't mind helping people I just cannot be so "accessible" to them. I cannot tell you how many times I have an "unexpected" visitor during the week...people who want to just drop by and then, there are the countless calls to "watch" someone's child. (To which I ALWAYS say yes to because I cannot say No) I usually don't mind but, with homeschooling and all, I am really running low on time and even energy.
My other issue is all of the baking. I have NEVER In my life baked as much as I have this last year and frankly I. HATE .IT!!! So, why do I do it? .. Peer pressure really.... All of the other wives do it so...... and of course they do it well and apparently they enjoy it... me...not so much. So, I think I may just start buying store bought and passing it off on my own (and try not to feel guilty about it).
One more thing ,I am WAAAY tired of feeling that EVERYTHING I do and say is under the microscope. I am NOT perfect in any way shape or form. I yell at my husband...and my kids sometimes. I even say not so nice things about other people on occasion... really, I am flawed and I am not above admitting that. I sometimes have bad days and sometimes on those days I just want to laze around my home in jammies, no makeup, hair standing on end and not feel all of the pressure to always be ...well PERFECT......... Okay, I'm done. I REALLY just needed to get that out.
I will post pictures later of hopefully a finished sock and the Good Ole cable scarf I am working on. *GASP* with acrylic yarn.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog the other day through the Military Knitters list. Can I just say how refreshing your "rant" was today. I often feel the same way. I home school 5 "special needs" children that were adopted as older children and we have so many issues that we deal with that sometimes just getting through the day is a major crisis. Let's not talk about military obligations, church obligations, the extra baby sitting, the cooking meals for every soldier that needs something to eat or every event that my husband must attend. I am so glad I am not the only one who feels the way you do. Thanks for your honesty in saying it too. Know that you are NOT alone.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. For me, it didn't work out well being the wife of a sailor. He expected me to cook for the guys that didn't have family near by on any given holiday, invite them over, even let them stay on occasion... not to mention that no matter what I did I was under the microscope by other wives, people he worked with.... the list goes on and on!! Needless to say, I understand where your coming from. Hang in there! I'm a born baker and I do love to bake... however I do realize not everyone is like me and it's OK! From time to time even I pass off store bought things and I don't feel guilty over it (especially when I was working full time AND going to school full time - I was just too tired). My best advice is to write it out when need be. It always made me feel better. Even now I still write little rants now and then about the things that stress me (especially being the Leading Petty Officer's fiance and the microscope that I'm under now and again not just for that, but with his parents on occasion!).

Hang in there! *huggs*

~ Sock-ret Pal

PS: I've been wanting to do that IK pattern for a while now, but it's all tucked away at the moment. Soon, though. Can't wait to see how yours turn out ;o)

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that sock pattern--it really is gorgeous.

I don't know how you feel with the "wifely duties" thing, but I sympathize with you. I don't know if I could be under that kind of pressure.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Alida Sharp said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who gets frustrated with life from time to time!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Bev Love said...

Sweetie,
You even made me feel better "getting it all out" of your system. None of us are perfect and bless those of us who can admit that, and get on with life.

Bev

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home