Tuesday, January 30, 2007





Thanks for all of the kind and encouraging comments from the last post.
This post will be picture heavy........
I wanted to first say a big huge thanks to my sockret pal who sent me some wonderful gifties. I received some beautiful butterfly handmade stitch markers (perfect for my sock needles), two balls of fixation (from cascade yarns), of course there was CHOCOLATE and some yummy smelling mango lotion. Thanks again to my pal who has spoiled me with such GREAT gifts!!!!
I was hoping that by now, I would have finished my embossed leaves socks but, sadly I admit I have NOT picked them up once since my last post. I REALLY need to get them done........
I have been working on a scarf for an older family friend (really she is like family) and I went with * GASP* an acrylic yarn (I can hardly believe it myself). The jury is still out as to whether or not I like it but I guess it's okay. I REALLY like the pattern. It's easy to memorize after only a few rows........
Quick question to all of you who have knitted a clapotis.......any yarn suggestions or anything I should know about the pattern before the fit chick and I jump into knitting one for our grandmother......

6 Comments:

Blogger Ninabeena said...

The package is awesome. She even got you purple M&M's.
The scarf for ms dottie looks good. You know you like that acrylic yarn you just don't want to break and admit it! It ain't so bad

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing your embossed leaves makes me want to knit another pair, for myself this time. The color you picked is really nice!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Melissa Perreault said...

Great package!!

Loving the embossed leaves, very nice!! Looking very good.

I too just bought lots of acrylic so thanks for posting. I don't feel so bad now!! I think there is a time and a place sometimes for it, like scarves or things for folks that maybe don't know about yarn and all it's unique care sometimes. It's okay!! Acylic users unite!! ;-)

9:58 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

What great gifts from your pal...I esp. like those purple m&ms. That scarf looks like a great pattern to practice that stich- I might give it a try....some time this year ;)
Thanks for the links. your embossed leaves look great in that color! hey, acrylic is underrated at times..I'm certainly not ashamed to use it!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Alida Sharp said...

I love the work you are doing...those M&M's look great too!

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are looking good, I am about to knit my first pair of socks and your pair are inspiring me even more.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home