Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Long time No post........well, hopefully things will be different around here for awhile. We have had so much going on but, it seems that things should be slowing down a bit (fingers crossed)!!!
I FINALLY was able to sit down and knit bit the other day and I am now stuffing a seaming up my little boys dinosaur...it's cute!
I have been really wanting to knit for this....I have been really intrigued by the idea of knitting with purpose, and as a way to provide comfort to someone who needs to know that someone is thinking and praying for them We serve a congregation of elderly people and there are many who have chronic illnesses. I was inspired by this book.
I am hoping that after I have completed the next few projects, that I can begin working on a shawl for someone............ maybe, within our own congregation.....I am looking into patterns and yarn choices.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alida Sharp said...

Thanks for posting about the prayer shawls. I have been deliberate about praying for whoever I knit or crochet for. It is great to see a ministry based on this concept.

http://prayandcrochet.blogspot.com/

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home