Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I have been wanting to post so very badly but....I have been sick and today is the first day that I have actually not been on hard core pain killers and my mind feels clear enough to post.
Let me start by saying I had the BEST time at the beach...(a little over a week ago) all I did was sit and knit almost uninterrupted......w/ my favorite knitting partner my very own sister. It was great! I started 2 cute little scarves for a sweet little girl that lives next door. I chose a this wonderful baby alpaca yarn called alpaca with a twist. I have actually knitted with this yarn before and I love it! I also started a heavier scarf for the same little girl using this pattern and some variegated artyarns supermerino. I will post pictures after my two little ones are down for nap.
We also went to a cute little yarn shop called knitting up a storm and it felt so good to be in a yarn store again.....(I have not been to a yarn store since March....tragic!). Before this trip to the yarn store I had decided that I WOULD NOT buy anymore yarn until I have used up most of what I already have. I REALLY tried. The fit chick tried to convince me to buy more (it didn't help that thee was a sale on some WONDERFUL debbie bliss) but I was "mostly" disciplined....I only bought what I needed in baby yarn and some dpns but now seriously, I am kicking myself. Hopefully, this experience has motivated me to get to knitting through that yarn..........hmmm we'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ninabeena said...

I know I was bad. I went back to the sale a couple days later. :-(
I want some of that alpaca with a twist. It is sooooo soft. I don't know what I would knit though.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Alida Sharp said...

sounds like you gals were having too much fun!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home