Friday, September 22, 2006




So last night about 7:45 pm I put the boys down for bed (I actually let them watch a movie in bed....Charlottes Web) and worked on this while watching Survivor and Grey's Anatomy... ( LOVE THAT SHOW) It had been a L-O-N-G day w/ my opinionated 2 almost 3 year old and I REALLY needed to unwind. While this week has mostly been uneventful and things have gone quite smoothly....I CANNOT wait for DH to make it home..... This TDY went well and although it was just a week I think I am definitely getting used to this lifestyle.
I was hoping to be done w/ the sweater by the time DH came back but w/ homeschooling and all of the extra stuff this week (I hosted a Pampered Chef party) I was just too tired to concentrate on all of the fair isle. I cannot believe it has taken me so long w/ this sweater... but, now that I'm so close to being done, I cannot wait to try it on!!!
I decided to try on the sweet little sock on some sweet little toes the other day and ......well, um .....yeah, I will have to rip the sock and make a whole new one....this child's foot has grown quite a bit since we last measured. So.... I will have to send them after they've moved to Alaska.
I 've joined the socktoberfest and the hot socks swap......looking forward to that. I haven't had much time to join the KAL 's lately and figured that these two will be easy enough to do. I really wanted to sign up for the tea swap but, I missed out this time.....maybe next time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alida Sharp said...

the sweater looks like it will be nice and warm! I love the colors!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is gorgeous. I haven't yet braved Fair Isle, so I'm VERY impressed.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Black Purl said...

Awww thanks guys! I am excited about the sweater a little nervous about the seaming but, I cannot WAIT to wear it!

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home