Sunday, September 17, 2006





We have returned from the "happiest place on earth" and let me tell you I am all disneyed out! The boys had a WONDERFUL time. We spent 3 days doing the theme parks (thanks to our good friend who hooked us up w/ free park hoppers.....) Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom was AMAZING.....if you ever go...you have got to see the Lion King show...INCREDIBLE!
We also went to sea world (they are offering free entry into the park for military members and their families .... active duty, retired, reservists etc. you can find the info here) and we LOVED it. Sea world doesn't have the theme park feel and I like that. It feels a little more relaxed and you can feed and pet dolphins...loved that. How many people can say they've fed and pet those cute little things.?
We stayed here and it was wonderful. All of you military families out there, you cannot beat the Armed Forces Vacation Club...we paid $300 for a 3 bdr condo for a week (two of those bedrooms were both masters w/ jacuzzis in each bdrm)..... NICE!
So, I didn't knit a thing on my trip......I thought about it but......it was DISNEY WORLD people...seriously, I think I was WAY too excited..in fact I told my husband the night before our 1st day @ the parks that I was "too excited to sleep"....remember that commercial....too cute!
Well, DH is gone on TDY so...I expect to get quite a bit of knitting done. I will leave you all w/ pictures and if any of you check out the Fit Chicks blog........her Dh is leaving for military training @ the end of this month (her b-day to be exact )...she could use some kind words.......

4 Comments:

Blogger yarnmamapanj said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:32 PM  
Blogger yarnmamapanj said...

They are so adorable! They look like they were having a blast too! :)
Hope you had a blessed Sunday!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Alida Sharp said...

your boys are too cute! I can just imagine that you all having a great time!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Black Purl said...

Thanks yarnmama and blackpurl. We did have an absolutely WONDERFUL time. This was the best time to do Disney...we didn't have to stand in long lines and we were able to manuever the jogging stroller fairly easily so...if we do it again, we will be sure to go after the school year has started!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home